EAGLE 6.2.0: Error line 1, column 1: Start tag expected.
nigelmercier
2012-05-30 11:38:14 UTC
I have just updated my freeware copy of EAGLE from 5.11.0 to 6.2.0, and tried to open a previous project. When I try to open the schematic, I get:
+Error:+
+line 1, column 1: Start tag expected.+
The BRG file opens OK.

Please can anyone help?

Nigel
BB-Sphere (Clem)
2019-08-23 17:29:57 UTC
+Looks interesting -> Loading M:/Documents/Electronics/Eagle/Fuel Gauge/Fuel Gauge Mk6.sch+

--
To view any images and attachments in this post, visit:
https://www.element14.com/community/message/279925
Lorenz
2019-08-26 05:50:04 UTC
Post by nigelmercier
+Error:+
+line 1, column 1: Start tag expected.+
The BRG file opens OK.
eagle 6.x introduced stricter file format checks.

I'd create a empty schematic and compare it with your "Fuel Gauge
MK6.sch" in a text editor.

And by the way: why 6.2 not 6.6?
Lorenz
Joern Paschedag
2019-08-26 06:08:33 UTC
Post by Lorenz
Post by nigelmercier
+Error:+
+line 1, column 1: Start tag expected.+
The BRG file opens OK.
eagle 6.x introduced stricter file format checks.
I'd create a empty schematic and compare it with your "Fuel Gauge
MK6.sch" in a text editor.
And by the way: why 6.2 not 6.6?
WAS there a version 6.6.0 seven years ago?
If the problem still exist the newest version should be used ;-)
--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / With best regards

Joern Paschedag
Joern Paschedag
2019-08-26 06:12:19 UTC
Post by Lorenz
Post by nigelmercier
+Error:+
+line 1, column 1: Start tag expected.+
The BRG file opens OK.
eagle 6.x introduced stricter file format checks.
I'd create a empty schematic and compare it with your "Fuel Gauge
MK6.sch" in a text editor.
And by the way: why 6.2 not 6.6?
WAS there a version 6.6 seven years ago?
If the problem still exists an update is useful ;-)
--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / With best regards

Joern Paschedag
Lorenz
2019-08-27 05:59:55 UTC
Post by Joern Paschedag
Post by Lorenz
Post by nigelmercier
+Error:+
+line 1, column 1: Start tag expected.+
The BRG file opens OK.
eagle 6.x introduced stricter file format checks.
I'd create a empty schematic and compare it with your "Fuel Gauge
MK6.sch" in a text editor.
And by the way: why 6.2 not 6.6?
WAS there a version 6.6 seven years ago?
There is, we are still using it.
Didn't see the need to upgrade to 7.x at the time and then missed the
last chance when cadsoft was bought and the license scheme changed.

And you can get it from here:
http://eagle.autodesk.com/eagle/software-versions
Post by Joern Paschedag
If the problem still exists an update is useful ;-)
There were some useful bugfixes in the later 6.x releases, bu I don't
think anything helping with the OPs problem.
Lorenz
Joern Paschedag
2019-08-27 06:54:43 UTC
SNIP
Post by Lorenz
Post by Joern Paschedag
If the problem still exists an update is useful ;-)
There were some useful bugfixes in the later 6.x releases, bu I don't
think anything helping with the OPs problem.
Hi Lorenz,

I guess you misunderstood.
Clem answered on a post originated 2012 (and some other old stuff too).
So my question was if the version 6.6 was already existing 2012 (imho
not) ;-)

I'm using 6.6.0 because the upgrade to 7.x.x cost around €500 just for
text on tracks.
Imho not a good cost/performance ratio.
Also the EULA 7.x.x contained some ridiculous and for me unacceptable stuff.
--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / With best regards

Joern Paschedag
Lorenz
2019-08-28 05:44:58 UTC
Post by Joern Paschedag
[...]
Hi Lorenz,
I guess you misunderstood.
Clem answered on a post originated 2012 (and some other old stuff too).
So my question was if the version 6.6 was already existing 2012 (imho
not) ;-)
[...]
ah, yes.

It was bount to happen to me too, sooner or later 8-)
Lorenz
BB-Sphere (Clem)
2019-08-28 06:55:00 UTC
This is old

--
To view any images and attachments in this post, visit:
https://www.element14.com/community/message/280155
BB-Sphere (Clem)
2019-08-28 06:55:08 UTC
dfsdfsdfasd

--
To view any images and attachments in this post, visit:
https://www.element14.com/community/message/280156
BB-Sphere (Clem)
2019-08-28 06:54:49 UTC
Opps

--
To view any images and attachments in this post, visit:
https://www.element14.com/community/message/280154