How to turn off the display of vale of multiple components in a PCB
eagle1301
2019-09-11 15:07:09 UTC
I am trying to turn off the display of the value of multiple components in a PCB, does anyone knows of a ULP or command that can do this for me with out doing it one by one?

Thank you.

--
To view any images and attachments in this post, visit:
https://www.element14.com/community/message/281112
rachaelp
2019-09-11 15:33:27 UTC
Hello,

Do you want some values showing or do you just want to turn them all off? If the latter then open the 'Visible Layers' dialog and turn off the tValues and bValues layers.

Best Regards,

Rachael

--
To view any images and attachments in this post, visit:
https://www.element14.com/community/message/281091
eagle1301
2019-09-11 17:05:14 UTC
Rachael,
Based on your reply I found out that when I created the symbol in the library I had the >NAME and the >VALUE in the same layer, tNames layer,  after I corrected the layer now by turning off the tValues layer it does what I expected.

I have another issue with the components that were already in the PCB, the components were smashed and do not seem to update when I update the library, newly added components are ok, but I guess this issue shoud be in another thread.

Rachael Thank you for your quick response.

Regards.

--
To view any images and attachments in this post, visit:
https://www.element14.com/community/message/281104
Rob Pearce
2019-09-11 19:08:35 UTC
Post by eagle1301
I have another issue with the components that were already in the PCB, the components were smashed and do not seem to update when I update the library, newly added components are ok, but I guess this issue shoud be in another thread.
If the component is "smashed" then its attributes are semi-autonomous
entities. A library update will not affect them as the characteristics
that differ might be intentional customisations. If you want to inherit
all the library updates on the attribute texts, you need to "reposition
attributes" (or "unsmash" in older versions).
eagle1301
2019-09-11 19:22:08 UTC
*That is correct, the components are “Smash” and I looked for a “unsmash” command and could not find it, I am using Eagle 7.7.0 Ultimate.*
*Does “ reposition attributes” mean delete the current components and add new ones?*
**
*Thank you.*

--
To view any images and attachments in this post, visit:
https://www.element14.com/community/message/281105
Gerald Schwarz
2019-09-11 19:49:03 UTC
Click with the right mouse button on the component.
A menu will pop up then you can find the menu item "smash" if this component was NOT smashed, or you will find "unSmash" if this component was smashed.

--
To view any images and attachments in this post, visit:
https://www.element14.com/community/message/281143
Lorenz
2019-09-12 05:53:34 UTC
Post by Gerald Schwarz
Click with the right mouse button on the component.
A menu will pop up then you can find the menu item "smash" if this
component was NOT smashed, or you will find "unSmash" if this
component was smashed.
activate the smash command, then shift-click the components
Lorenz
Gerald Schwarz
2019-09-12 06:42:35 UTC
Yes, this is the 2nd method. The "smash" icon on the tools bar (on the left side of the "miter" icon; the icon looks like an IC with a separated frame).
You can also "smash" or "unsmash" the selected group.
- Click the smash icon, click the group icon, select the group of your components what you like to smash,
click the right mouse button then the menu pops up and select "smash group" or "unsmash group" if that group was smashed.

--
To view any images and attachments in this post, visit:
https://www.element14.com/community/message/281110
Rob Pearce
2019-09-12 07:07:10 UTC
Post by eagle1301
*That is correct, the components are “Smash” and I looked for a “unsmash” command and could not find it, I am using Eagle 7.7.0 Ultimate.*
Others have answered the question for older Eagle versions
Post by eagle1301
*Does “ reposition attributes” mean delete the current components and add new ones?*
No, it's just a naming thing. Eagle V9 no longer has "smash" - all parts
are "smashed" by default. "Reposition attributes" is the new name for
the "unsmash" then "smash" sequence you need to do.