Can't select components in layout, but can select wires. How to fix?
Dave Lid
2014-07-25 13:58:51 UTC
Something weird has happened with this layout I've been working on. I
can't select any of the components in the layout. The cross that usually
acts as a handle just isn't there and I can't find any options to
restore it.

I've attached a screenshot of a capacitor, newly added into the
schematic, which I can not select/move/copy/etc. at all. I can still
draw wires to and from it and I can still select and perform all
functions on the wires.

Strangely, this is the only layout affected. My other projects seem to
be just fine.

--
To view any images and attachments in this post, visit:
http://www.element14.com/community/message/121806
Dave Lid
2014-07-25 14:26:26 UTC
Well, that was simple.

Thanks!

--
To view any images and attachments in this post, visit:
http://www.element14.com/community/message/121807
Mike Fields
2014-07-25 15:23:38 UTC
Drat - I even knew the answer to that one, but someone beat me to it :)

mikey
Web access to CadSoft support forums at www.eaglecentral.ca. Where the CadSoft EAGLE community meets.
Doug
2014-07-25 14:03:40 UTC
Post by Dave Lid
Something weird has happened with this layout I've been working on. I
can't select any of the components in the layout. The cross that usually
acts as a handle just isn't there and I can't find any options to
restore it.
I've attached a screenshot of a capacitor, newly added into the
schematic, which I can not select/move/copy/etc. at all. I can still
draw wires to and from it and I can still select and perform all
functions on the wires.
Strangely, this is the only layout affected. My other projects seem to
be just fine.
--
http://www.element14.com/community/message/121806
This sounds like the Torigins or Borigins layer is off.
Turn it on and all should be well.
Ralph Pruitt
2019-08-02 16:38:20 UTC
OK.....For me being niave and simple....How exactly do I ...."
This sounds like the Torigins or Borigins layer is off.
Turn it on and all should be well."

Thanks,

--
To view any images and attachments in this post, visit:
https://www.element14.com/community/message/278353
Doug
2019-08-02 16:54:39 UTC